2010 Reserve Sangiovese
- This varietal is the premier red grape of Italy’s Tuscan Chianti region. It has been the backbone of the great Chianti Classicos since they began. A grape that loves to flourish, it requires attention to crop loading (generally requiring thinning more than once) if depth of flavor is desired. We also pull leaves to access the fruit to dappled sunlight. It loves the environment of warm summer days that prevail in the Sonoma Valley and the Mediterranean.
- Fortunately, it is a varietal that ripens at the front end of the harvest season so if we require more “hang-time” to develop richness, we are still in warm weather and are able to wait out the maturation process.
- The 2010 harvest was cooler than average allowing a slow development of the fruit – resulting in moderate sugar levels keeping alcohol on the softer side.
- This 100% sustainably farmed, 100% Sonoma Valley, 100% barrel aged, 100% Sangiovese, is extremely floral with a bouquet of flavors ranging from fresh hibiscus to ripe black raspberries.
Only 187 Cases Produced
- Double Gold Medal, 2017 Sonoma County Harvest Fair
- Gold Medal & Best of Class of Region, 2017 California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition
- Gold Medal, 2017 Monterey International Wine Competition
- Silver Medal, 2014 Denver International Wine Competition
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County