2017 Reserve Chardonnay
17 Gold Medals in 5 Vintages!
- This wine is 100% Chardonnay, 100% Sonoma Valley, and created from fruit from three vineyard sites within the red-soiled Wildwood Vineyards.
- The soil, known as the Red Hill Tuscan series, is similar to the soil in Farneta in that it is also a cool clay loam, rich in iron-oxide and organic nutritive materials. The Red Hill Tuscan soils are rare and comprise only 14 percent of the total soil in Sonoma County.
- My grandfather, Samuele and my father, August recognized the potential of this soil in small parts of Sonoma County land as having the perfect growing characteristics for premium wine grapes. Red Hill series is prized among winemakers of the world for the extra character it imparts to the wine.
- The vineyard sites were handled separately, nurtured through two malolactic fermentations, aged independently in barrels and only brought together at the completion of barrel aging so that an optimal balance of flavors and aromas could be created.
- I have attempted to highlight in this wine’s flavor profile, the important features of a classic Old World Style Chardonnay with fruity high notes, soft wood tones running throughout the front, middle and back palate, and a depth of fruit that appears as sweetness but is truly ripe grape character at its fullest.
- This Chardonnay would be a good match for dishes with mildly spicy and light smoky or spicy and smoky flavors. This versatile wine would pair well with any grilled meats and vegetables. The round, palate-pleasing fruitiness balanced by the crisp acidity of this wine would pair well with rich, creamy dishes.
Only 766 Cases Produced
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County