2014 Winemakers Remembrance Reserve Barbera
This wine is in REMEMBRANCE of two 19th Century Italian immigrants to California Wine Country.
- The first, Samuele Sebastiani, my grandfather, a pioneering California winemaker who brought his skills to the red-soiled, gently sloping hills of Sonoma Valley in 1898.
- The second, the Barbera grape, planted back in the 1800’s to accompany the hearty pasta sauces and stews that were a staple to those who worked the vines and the land.
- In rather short supply in California, this is a uniquely friendly bold and robust red wine, with warm satin edges and deep fruit tones perfect for any meal where the wine needs to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the food.
- This 100% Barbera is medium-full bodied, garnet in color with bright acidity. It has the flavors and aromas of ripe black cherries, black fig, raspberries and cacao - light tannin with a medium finish. This wine would be great with a rustic terrine, a big burrito or your favorite charcuterie.
Only 168 Cases Produced
- Gold Medal & Best of Class of Region, 2017 California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition
- Gold Medal & Best Barbera, 2017 Monterey International Wine Challenge
- Gold Medal, 2017 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition
- Gold Medal, 2016 Harvest Challenge Wine Competition
- Silver Medal, 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Silver Medal, 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition