2019 Don Silvio Reserve Sangiovese
Sonoma County Harvest Fair Gold Medal Winner!
- It was over 35 years ago when I first vinified Sangiovese grapes grown in Sonoma Valley. Being one of the first in the valley to make this varietal, I had only the great Sangioveses of Italy to emulate.
- The Sangiovese grape was first brought to the Sonoma Valley from Italy in the 1860’s. La Chertosa is one of a “few” producers of Sonoma Valley Sangiovese. This varietal is known as Tuscany’s signature red grape and is an unrivaled choice for the dinner table.
- Grapes are sourced from the Wildwood Vineyards in North Eastern Sonoma Valley. Our family has been making wines from grapes grown on this vineyard for almost 100 years.
- The 2019 vintage shows beautiful richness, intensity and complexity with the aroma of dark cherries, cola and spice.This wine has a charming oak and toast characteristic derived from the French Oak barrels in which it was fermented and aged for seventeen months.
- With soft tannins that allow the wine to mature and evolve over an extended period of time. It is easy to understand and enjoyable in its youth, but also rewarding with moderate to long aging.
- This Reserve Sangiovese salutes my kind Tuscan friend, Farneta Parish Priest, Don Silvio
- Gold Medal, 2022 Sonoma County Harvest Fair
- Gold Medal, 2022 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Gold Medal, 2022 Press Democrat North Coast Wine Challenge
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County