2019 Reserve Chardonnay, Sonoma Valley
This Vintage is Sold Out!
- Fine Italian wines are created to complement foods. You will find them soft on the palate with pleasing grape tones throughout the spectrum of flavors and aromas.
- This wine has been crafted with an emphasis on a fruit-forward flavor profile taking full advantage of both the richness and delicacies of the grape.
- I decided to eliminate one of the vineyard sites used in 2019 and reduced my blend to a two-site complement. Each soil sub-set within the Sonoma Valley contributes its special character to the resulting wine. I have attempted to highlight in this wine’s flavor profile, the important features of a Reserve Chardonnay style with fruity high notes, soft wood tones running throughout the front, middle and back palate, a depth of fruit that appears as sweetness, but is truly ripe grape character at its fullest.
- The vineyard sites were barrel-fermented separately, nurtured through malolactic fermentation, aged independently in a balanced selection of new, one-year and two-year old barrels and only brought together at the completion of barrel aging so that an optimal balance of flavors and aromas could be created.
- The fourteen months of barrel aging in French oak barrels has allowed the wine to mature softly. The aromas are delicate and complex and the body, while softer than 2018, is vibrant at various levels. A sweet fruit tone is supported by friendly acid which creates a vivacious dance on the tongue.
- Please enjoy this wine as a tribute to the winemaking heritage that has carried my family through several centuries in Italy and over a century here in the Sonoma Valley.
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County