2021 Eye of the Swan Reserve Aleatico Rosé
Sonoma County Harvest Fair Gold Medal Winner!
- In Italy there is a long history of wine making from Aleatico grapes. In fact, it is reported that during his exile, Napoleon said that Aleatico wines were his only consolation.
- “Eye of the Swan” is more than a bottle of wine. It serves as a tribute to one family’s effort to preserve age-old techniques of winemaking. This new Eye of the Swan is very personal for me. It reminds me of spending time with my father, learning about waterfowl and winemaking. Those are happy memories that have served me all my life.
- The extremely rare red Aleatico grapes were grown in the legendary Serres Family Vineyards in Sonoma Valley. The relationship between the Serres and Sebastiani families dates back to our grandfathers and the early days of wine production in the Sonoma Valley. Both men were experienced growers with a passion for quality and were responsible for decades of fine vintages.
- This wine is a tribute to one family’s effort to preserve, for future generations, both the age-old techniques of winemaking, but also the contribution to preserving the abundance of waterfowl so necessary to keeping our environment enriched.
- Dry and full-bodied, rich and full of fruit, versatility has been the secret of success. So if you enjoy wine, red or white, we invite you to include “Eye of the Swan” when planning your next meal, event or activity. You will find it to be the ideal complement to any food you serve.
- Gold Medal, 2022 Sonoma County Harvest Fair
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County