2021 Reserve Chardonnay, Sonoma Valley
Gold Medal Winner & 95 Points!
- This Chardonnay exhibits old-school classic California elegance.
- The grapes for this wine were grown on volcanic-based, gravelly red soil on some of the same blocks in the Wildwood Vineyard that my grandfather, Samuele worked with more than 100 years ago. The 35 year-old rootstock is an essential element of these heritage vines.
- The trees used to craft the French barrels are picked from specific sustainable forests known to produce the best oak. The unique microclimate at the crafting site seasons the wood to enhance its quality to the highest degree.
- Following fermentation, we spend months stirring each individual barrel as our Chardonnay is aged sur lie or “on the lees.”
- White wines aged on the lees are often described as creamier, richer, and fuller-bodied, with greater depth and complexity of flavor. Additionally, lees aging in oak barrels will extract additional aroma compounds from the wood, including sweet, caramel-like notes, and umami flavors.
- This light gold offering is a lush, creamy chardonnay with a rich, full mouthfeel. It has flavors and aromas of fresh butter, almond, honey, citrus blossom and pineapple. It is full bodied, yet elegant with balanced acidity that lingers in to the finish.
- With over a century of winemaking experience in Sonoma, La Chertosa focuses on crafting small lots of premium wine from Sonoma Valley.
588 Cases Produced!
Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County