Olive Festival Vella Toma Cheese
July 4, 2021
This wonderful flavored Vella Toma Cheese recipe was created for the Sonoma Olive Festival -- As a low-carb alternative, serve with raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, or cucumber slices. This recipe was provided courtesy of Vella Cheese Company in Sonoma. www.vellacheese.com
- 1 lb wedge of Vella Toma Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup finest Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 artisanal olive bread sliced fresh with each slice quarters
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Sea/Kosher salt & freshly ground lack pepper, to taste
- thyme sprigs for garnish
Place the wedge of Vella Toma on a large round platter or bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to enhance the flavors. Garnish with thyme sprigs. Serve with fresh slices of olive bread paired with La Chertosa Fra Paolo Reserve Zinfandel.
If olive bread is not available, feel free to substitue sliced sweet french or ciabatta bread.