Sam's Caprese Salad with Sangiovese Vinaigrette
July 1, 2021
This recipe is a variation of our Zinfandel Vinaigrette combined in a salad with some of Sam's favorite ingredients. This version combines our Don Silvio Reserve Sangiovese with Balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup Each Extra Virgin olive oil & vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps Don Silvio Reserve Sangiovese
- 2 tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced shallots or scallions
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- thinly sliced red onion
- sliced avacado
- fresh basil
- More Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a jar, combine all ingredients; shake to mix thoroughly. Use at once or refrigerate up to 1 week. Shake again before adding to salad. Makes 3/4 cup dressing.
Combine cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls, and red onion in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Add sliced avacado on side. Season with Kosher salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil.